Picture Perfect
I haven't posted any recent pictures for some time. There's no rhyme or reason to these, just a glimpse into our lives at the moment. I even included some TERRIBLE ones of myself because sister was so cute and funny. Also, most of these feature Sister, though K1 is sprinkled here and there too. Enjoy.
This is a picture of Christmas morning. We gave Sister a set of baby items (crib, stroller, high chair, etc). She seemed to think they were for her use.
The compromise she came up with was that they were for both her and her baby :P
And because Sister was wearing a backpack, K1 had to put on his too (he calls it a pack-kack).
I did not tell him to do this, it was totally voluntary. I was just glad I had the camera out to capture the love :)This is Sister's typical perch whenever I get ready in the morning. Sometimes she'll lay down using Coconut as a pillow.
Not the best or worst photo of myself, it's an end of day photo. Both kids wanted to cuddle and be rocked. This is how I made it work (K1 is laying on my legs- he's fallen asleep in that position before)
I took this photo because I'm always so impressed when I watch Sister eat breakfast and how she's getting so good at feeding herself and not always leaving a huge mess.
Hanging out in the Butterfly Pavilion at the Natural History Museum. We went here because we were talking about the letter 'I' and insects that week.
This picture still kills me. I kid you not, I left the bathroom for less than a minute to walk to the kitchen and get a glass of water, and I come back and sister has successfully run to her room, grabbed her doggie and climbed back into the tub with him. Guess she thought he needed a bath too. Sadly she didn't get to go to bed with Coconut that night.
Sister told daddy she was cold, and so he gave her his coat :)
The morning routine. The kids always love helping daddy iron his shirts.
I took this one today. Sister came down stairs wearing this winter hat that normally buckles around the chin but had already been buckled. Naturally she decided to wear it anyways, only backwards. This is the result.
And the cuteness ensues
This winner is from this morning as well. This is one of those instances where she still has a lot of work to do in terms of feeding herself. Granted, a smoothie isn't the easiest thing to eat with a spoon.

I'm a sucker for sleeping kid photos.
This pictures is probably my favorite of the bunch. PC is studying bar materials, as usual, and K1 decided to join in by reading his Richard Scarry book Super Stupendous Stories. K1 read quietly for probably 30 minutes.I let the kids help me make some homemade icecream last week since we were talking all week about the letter I. This process was definitely a lesson in patience for K1 as he fully expected to eat icecream after each of the many steps it took to make it.
This final photo is from just now. I went into the kids room because K1 yelled out in his sleep and I did a double take as I realized Sister was sleeping in this spot. This is the first she's ever wandered out of bed and fallen asleep in a random place :)


Comments