A Week in the Life of K1... (more like two :) )
What a whirlwind it has been these past two weeks! I can't believe my little boy is already that old. PC and I left the hospital with K1 on Tuesday evening and headed home. We were both a little nervous on our first night home with the munchkin. We settled down for the night around 9:30pm because we knew we might be up a lot with him. We swaddled the little guy and headed to bed. PC fell right asleep, but I laid there with my eyes wide open and my ears were periodically hearing phantom cries. I would leap out of bed just to see him sleeping soundly. To insure his safety, I put my hand on his chest to make sure he was still breathing. I wasn't a paranoid mom AT ALL... We got up with him 4 or 5 times that night. He stayed awake for 2 hours at one point. He hadn't figured out the whole night-day thing and so that was a good a time as any to be up. We were both a little tired the next day, but nothing unmanageable. PC headed off to work and I stayed home with the little man. We took a couple naps together and I attempted to tidy up our apartment. Dinner arrived at our apartment at 6pm. We had women from the Relief Society bring us food for the next four days. I can't tell you how nice that was; not to mention that one of the meals fed us for the whole next week (a lasagna that was meant for 15 people).
The following days were quite uneventful. K1 went in for his 2 day checkup and was still very healthy and growing. The doctor told us that if he would sleep longer than 3 hours at night, that it was ok to let him do so (meaning, we weren't starving him). So we tried it. Sure enough, I fed him at 12, 4 and 8. That meant that PC and I got at least 3 hours of sleep in between. It was awesome. We thought it might have been a fluke, but no. He slept with that schedule until the night before we left. He had some difficulty last night (2-3 hour spurts) but that could be due to him going through a growth spurt and the fact that we are in a new place. All I know is that our little boy is a really good sleeper and mellow when he is awake. If he is crying, it usually means he's hungry or he needs some attention. Another thing of note, he doesn't need to be held all the time. I can just set him down on our bed and be cleaning in another room or folding laundry and he'll just hang out. Granted, after 20 minutes he gets a little bored, but I just move him to another room or something to that effect. Point being, we have a really happy, healthy, and sleepy boy!
Sleeping on mommy


All our matching wrist bands
Coming home from the hospital
The scrunch face :)
The following days were quite uneventful. K1 went in for his 2 day checkup and was still very healthy and growing. The doctor told us that if he would sleep longer than 3 hours at night, that it was ok to let him do so (meaning, we weren't starving him). So we tried it. Sure enough, I fed him at 12, 4 and 8. That meant that PC and I got at least 3 hours of sleep in between. It was awesome. We thought it might have been a fluke, but no. He slept with that schedule until the night before we left. He had some difficulty last night (2-3 hour spurts) but that could be due to him going through a growth spurt and the fact that we are in a new place. All I know is that our little boy is a really good sleeper and mellow when he is awake. If he is crying, it usually means he's hungry or he needs some attention. Another thing of note, he doesn't need to be held all the time. I can just set him down on our bed and be cleaning in another room or folding laundry and he'll just hang out. Granted, after 20 minutes he gets a little bored, but I just move him to another room or something to that effect. Point being, we have a really happy, healthy, and sleepy boy!
One final note: I feel I need to express my appreciation for K1's daddy, PC. He has been so wonderful and patient with both K1 and I. He is very willing to change diapers, stay up in the night and/or run errands for me. He is my emotional rock right now and I am very thankful to him for that. I'm so excited for all the new adventures that are in store for our family and feel we have been truly blessed with little K1.


Comments