The Cape: Day 3&4

Day three of our excursion was the Fourth of July!  This was mostly a lazy, do whatever you want day.  Jamie was kind enough to prep the motor boat so PC, K1 and I could go zipping around the bay for what seemed like an hour.

 Other members of the family went sailing around the bay in "the scud".  It was beautiful seeing all the docked and sailing sail boats.
Back at home base Sister was helping Grandma prepare dinner (this was several hours in advance).  I've noticed that my family places a large emphasis on food and it's preparation when we are together.  I guess that's how we spend time together :)
I eventually joined in the preparation fun as well.
Sister with a mouthful of something yummy
C methodically choosing which part of her corn to eat next.

The Grill!  The glorious grill.  I love grilled veggies and my sister did them just right
K1 quite pleased that he didn't have to be pinned down to one place to eat.  He could wander and munch to his hearts content.
After dinner we took advantage of high tide and briefly (this was not warm water) swam around 


Lib reading the kiddos stories right before bed.  I love that C and K1 both have fingers in their mouths.

Natalie decided to come listen and laugh at the funny parts too
Sister playing undisturbed

The obligatory, come sit with me shot
After we put the kids to bed, the adults walked out to the dock and plopped down to watch the fireworks.  It was so cool to see fireworks pop up over different parts of the bay.  So fun!


Day Four: Our big plans for our last full day at the cape was to go check out Heritage Gardens.  Here I am preparing everyone's lunches.

This place was very beautiful and we wandered through a small portion.
The portion of the gardens that we spent most of our time was the children's play area.  This was not your standard swings and slide affair.  Oh no.  It was way cooler

Here's uncle Jamie and cousin L building a fort out of large sticks and pieces of cloth they provided.

Having a picnic lunch on the stage (obviously they didn't have a performer that day)
Peach playing with some natural wood blocks (not that all wood blocks aren't natural....but these ones had bark and such on them still)

This was the kids and my favorite area.  They had two outdoor marimbas and a large set of chimes that you could play.  Very cool.

Our last stop was the free, indoor carousel.  Needless to say, we rode it more than a couple of times.
Uncle Jamie and cousin C
Cousin L with a sweet thumbs up
The McCarthys- I promise Jay had a good time :)
We convinced a golf cart driver to drive us all the way to the exit.  My back was very grateful.
Because I was in charge of making dinner that night, I had our small family go get icecream before dinner (who does that? I guess we do) to make sure it didn't get too late to have some (side note: Most evenings we ate rather late).  Everyone else chose to be conventional and get their icecream after dinner.
We figured since we were together, we better get a picture of the kids.  This was much easier said than done.  For one, Sister cried the whole time.  It was also difficult to get the kids to look at the same place.  Enjoy our tries.


I really love this one
Here's a picture of my mom and prego sister
And what trip could end without some social grooming...just kidding.  My sister Natalie is checking my mom for ticks.  Ticks are all over Massachusetts so we had to be careful to do checks every night.

The following day we cleaned and did a bunch of laundry.  By noon we were saying goodbye and heading out.  It was a great trip!

Comments

Emily Hamilton said…
Such cute pictures. I LOVE the picture of you holding Lily, you are such a great Momma. You now have me convinced I have to visit The Cape. I REALLY want to watch fireworks there.

Popular Posts