I'm a terrible blogger...
no surprise there. I definitely have time at the end of the day, but I'm usually so mentally and physically exhausted. I just need to accept that from here on out, I don't need to blog in chronological order, otherwise this blog will wither and die.
*sigh*
Let's start with where our life is right now. K1 is three years old (only just) and wanting to be an independent boy. He always wants to do everything 'myself!!' He has to open all of our doors, help carry groceries/mail, put his dishes in the sink, get dressed...all except take himself to the potty. We'll get there.
I should note that K1 got glasses in June. He started going cross-eyed around Christmas and we found out that he is far-sighted and therefore would cross his eyes to see things up close. It's taken some work to get him to wear them (aka lots of movies and marshmallows as rewards) but he's pretty proficient now.
Other fun aspects of our spirited three-year-old is all the fun things he says! I really should be better about recording all the stuff he says. Here's a few.
7/27/ Tucking K1 in at bedtime I said," [K1], I love you" he responded," I very love you too, Mom"
8/10/12 "This morning I was putting a movie in the dvd player and told K1 not to touch the disk. K1 proceeded to tell me 'Mom don't touch the dicks!'. It took all of my control not to bust out laughing. What was worse was he kept saying it despite my correcting him. 'Mom don't touch the dick!' Too funny."
Phrases we hear all the time: I come wiss you pwease. I eat all my dinner and I get a big marwshmehwohw (him attempting to negotiate).
K1 is a pretty good older brother. He's really great at blowing raspberries on Sister's belly or sharing the broccoli that he didn't want (LOL) or giving her a blankie if she's feeling bad. Otherwise he's bulldozing his sister, taking her toys or whacking her with a 'hit' (K1's word for bat's, golf clubs, etc). He's working on it. And this Mama is working on keeping her head when telling him for the ba-jillionth time to keep his hands and feet to himself. *SIGH*
To end K1's section on a good note: He LOVES to read books. Both with me, or narrating them himself. He love to paint. He doesn't really love coloring with crayons but he'd paint all day. He still loves cars and trains. He's really gotten into sports. I let him watch Sandlot and The Greatest Game Ever Played and now he loves all things baseball and golf. We took him mini golfing at the beginning of the summer and he LOVED IT!. I decided we needed to wait a little bit longer before we took him back because of the whole three-year-old-wildly-swinging-a-metal-object-in-the-air thing. To compromise, we bought him a cheapo set of plastic golf clubs and balls and he gets to practice outside, next to our building (the irony of this...neither PC or I have ever played a real round of golf. HA). Lastly, K1 loves saying all the prayers. If one of us begins a prayer, he'll start talking with us and inevitably take over. The funniest is when we are at church and he'll start saying the closing prayer with whoever's praying. I'll miss that.
On to Sister! She is 17 months and a precocious little thing. She, like her brother, wants to do things herself. Feed herself, climb up and down stuff, hold the book herself, and walk in and out from the car herself. She has and incredible vocabulary. She can say: Dada, Mama, Tee-Tee (thank you), psss (please), mine!, up, dow(n), appa (apple), nana (banana), Ow!, Uh oh, beebee (baby and when referring to coconut her dog), wa wa (water), baba (milk), bye, hi!, by ('bite' of food), ow (as in out), no!, WOW!, et go! (let go) and shoe. If we say 'one, two' she'll say FEE!. Same for 'Ready, set...' "Go!" She's also started to say 'where go?' when looking for something. So cute.
Her wanting to feed herself has proven to be annoying at times. Our kitchen and other unfortunate parts of our house have fallen victim to food smearing. Yogurt, blackbean soup, syrup... you get the idea. I'm constantly cleaning food spills and messes. As a plus, she is getting more comfortable using a fork or spoon-although it is a slow process.

This girl is so social. She loves playing 'boo!' or dancing or just taking whatever she's doing and bringing it to where I am so we can be together. She seems to be a daredevil. Always climbing on top of the highest stuff. Her brother got two sets of stitches before the age of three and it wouldn't surprise me if she followed the same path. Now that she figured out how to push chairs around, she can get on the counter top, into cupboards, drawers, on the stove (yikes!!!)
She is quick to give a big, cheesy smile and laughs freely. We sure love her.
PC just started his LAST semester!!!!!!!!!! whoop whoop! He works insanely hard for our family. He won't say that, but he does. It's been a huge blessing for him to be working at SKGF. He's learning how to do quality work in lots of different areas. He'll come home and tell me about projects he's working on and my brain will twist in pain as I try to understand what he's saying. Despite his long hours at work (and now school again) he serves, plays with and loves our family. He makes an effort to be with us and to do fun outings. We love you!
I guess I should say something about myself. For the past 6 months I've been waking up at 5am to go running. It has been grueling but rewarding in ways I didn't anticipate. Obviously the exercise was good for me but I've loved the close friendships I gained from my running buddies. Sadly, it came to an end 2 weeks ago when one of my partners moved away *sob*, and the other wanted to do a weight lifting class at her gym at 6am. I'm trying to do yoga, but thus far my will power in the morning has been, uh, non-existent. I've also been trying to cut back on my sugar intake. I'm positive it makes my highs and lows worse through the day. I'm working on it...slowly. Like most women my age, I love Pinterest. To make my time on there not feel totally wasted, I have to make, bake, read something ...etc, that I've pinned at least once a week. That's been fun. We've definitely found a few favorite dinners from there. :)
I've been reading a lot lately. Mostly parenting books and fiction. I got sucked into the Books of Bayern series. I'm totally into slightly cheesy, princess fantasy. In the same vein, I've been collecting good children's books for our library. I go to Unique (a huge thrift store) probably twice a month and pick through their children's books. At 50 cents a piece, I feel no guilt buying 20 or so books each time I go. I've found books like, Guess how much I love you, the Quiltmakers Gift, Angelina Ballerina, the Polar Express, the Tale of the Three Trees all in perfect hardback condition (many with dust jackets still). 50 cents!! I will never buy a children's book full price again.
Well, there was the quick and dirty update. It may not have seemed quick by the length of this post, but all things considered, it was quick :)
*sigh*
Let's start with where our life is right now. K1 is three years old (only just) and wanting to be an independent boy. He always wants to do everything 'myself!!' He has to open all of our doors, help carry groceries/mail, put his dishes in the sink, get dressed...all except take himself to the potty. We'll get there.
I should note that K1 got glasses in June. He started going cross-eyed around Christmas and we found out that he is far-sighted and therefore would cross his eyes to see things up close. It's taken some work to get him to wear them (aka lots of movies and marshmallows as rewards) but he's pretty proficient now.
| Here he is building something himself with my computer power cord (hand smacking head) |
Other fun aspects of our spirited three-year-old is all the fun things he says! I really should be better about recording all the stuff he says. Here's a few.
7/25/12 "Tonight I tried to convince K1 that green beans were a treat and that he couldn't eat them until he finished his rice. He finished his rice and started to eat his first bean when he proclaimed,'This isn't a treat...this is a SKUNK!!' He still ate them but referred to them as 'skunk treats'.''
7/27/ Tucking K1 in at bedtime I said," [K1], I love you" he responded," I very love you too, Mom"
8/10/12 "This morning I was putting a movie in the dvd player and told K1 not to touch the disk. K1 proceeded to tell me 'Mom don't touch the dicks!'. It took all of my control not to bust out laughing. What was worse was he kept saying it despite my correcting him. 'Mom don't touch the dick!' Too funny."
Phrases we hear all the time: I come wiss you pwease. I eat all my dinner and I get a big marwshmehwohw (him attempting to negotiate).
Her wanting to feed herself has proven to be annoying at times. Our kitchen and other unfortunate parts of our house have fallen victim to food smearing. Yogurt, blackbean soup, syrup... you get the idea. I'm constantly cleaning food spills and messes. As a plus, she is getting more comfortable using a fork or spoon-although it is a slow process.
This girl is so social. She loves playing 'boo!' or dancing or just taking whatever she's doing and bringing it to where I am so we can be together. She seems to be a daredevil. Always climbing on top of the highest stuff. Her brother got two sets of stitches before the age of three and it wouldn't surprise me if she followed the same path. Now that she figured out how to push chairs around, she can get on the counter top, into cupboards, drawers, on the stove (yikes!!!)
She is quick to give a big, cheesy smile and laughs freely. We sure love her.
PC just started his LAST semester!!!!!!!!!! whoop whoop! He works insanely hard for our family. He won't say that, but he does. It's been a huge blessing for him to be working at SKGF. He's learning how to do quality work in lots of different areas. He'll come home and tell me about projects he's working on and my brain will twist in pain as I try to understand what he's saying. Despite his long hours at work (and now school again) he serves, plays with and loves our family. He makes an effort to be with us and to do fun outings. We love you!
I guess I should say something about myself. For the past 6 months I've been waking up at 5am to go running. It has been grueling but rewarding in ways I didn't anticipate. Obviously the exercise was good for me but I've loved the close friendships I gained from my running buddies. Sadly, it came to an end 2 weeks ago when one of my partners moved away *sob*, and the other wanted to do a weight lifting class at her gym at 6am. I'm trying to do yoga, but thus far my will power in the morning has been, uh, non-existent. I've also been trying to cut back on my sugar intake. I'm positive it makes my highs and lows worse through the day. I'm working on it...slowly. Like most women my age, I love Pinterest. To make my time on there not feel totally wasted, I have to make, bake, read something ...etc, that I've pinned at least once a week. That's been fun. We've definitely found a few favorite dinners from there. :)
I've been reading a lot lately. Mostly parenting books and fiction. I got sucked into the Books of Bayern series. I'm totally into slightly cheesy, princess fantasy. In the same vein, I've been collecting good children's books for our library. I go to Unique (a huge thrift store) probably twice a month and pick through their children's books. At 50 cents a piece, I feel no guilt buying 20 or so books each time I go. I've found books like, Guess how much I love you, the Quiltmakers Gift, Angelina Ballerina, the Polar Express, the Tale of the Three Trees all in perfect hardback condition (many with dust jackets still). 50 cents!! I will never buy a children's book full price again.
Well, there was the quick and dirty update. It may not have seemed quick by the length of this post, but all things considered, it was quick :)


Comments