*Warning* If you are really squeamish and can't handle pictures with blood, don't scroll down. Truthfully it just looks like a scrape, but I thought I would give full disclosure to those who can't handle blood.
Friday October 28th: This particular morning was crazy and Sister wasn't feeling well. She'd fallen asleep for a nap at 9am and K1 needed to be at preschool at 9:30. I called my friend to see if she'd be willing to take K1 since she lives close. She was great and picked K1 up. Anyhoo. Because I didn't get much sleep the night before because of sick Sister, I decided to lay down and catch some zzz's as well. Not even 10 minutes later I get a phone call from my friend that was extremely garbled due to background noise. All I heard was fell, blood and might need stitched. Mind you, I was not dressed. I was in sweat bottoms and a zip up hoodie with no bra and unshowered. Pretty much disgusting, but I promptly hopped in the car with a tired Sister and went to where K1 was at. Upon arrival, my friends relayed the story that K1 was walking up the concrete stairs to my friends apartment (not holding onto anyone's hand) and tripped up the stairs and gashed his eye. My friend Emily was sweet to take Sister to her house while I took K1 to urgent care for his stitches.

One of the hardest things I've had to do as a mother.
They didn't have a body board to strap him down, so me and two other nurses had to hold/lay ontop of him while the doctor gave him a shot of ''anesthetic'' (I swear it did nothing) and then the stitches. I was balling by the end. K1 was crying so hard I thought he was going to pass out. But we made it. K1, now 7 months later, will occasionally touch his scar and say 'fell up the stairs'.
Comments