To my Little Boy
Dearest K1,
This past year has been a trying time for the both of us. It has been thick with frustration and tears on both ends. But I want you to know that I love you. I can't believe how big you are getting. I cry each time you reach a major milestone. I don't cry when your sister reaches those milestones. I think it is because you are my first and it is such a miracle to watch a little person grow for the first time. I wanted to list some things that I want to remember about you when you were this age.
I love how you come into the bathroom when I put on my makeup in the morning. You quietly zoom your cars along the counter. I love how your nose just clears the counter top. You hold so much expression in your eyes.
I love how you derive joy from others joy. If your sister is laughing, you start to smile and laugh as well. I hope you always keep that trait.
I love how you were leaning over Sister's high chair tonight and feeding her peas one by one. You both looked like you were having fun.
I love how you ask to 'nuggool' (snuggle). If anyone is sitting on the couch, or in bed, you will come up and ask to snuggle.
I love how you take care of your cars. Tonight you insisted that they get their teeth brushed too. You always give them kisses and tuck them in into a blanket that is placed by your bed. If your cars are naughty, you will put them in time out as well. :)

I love how you always grab one souvineer from outside whenever we come in. It's usually a stick, but you love big leaves or rocks as well.
I love how if you get hurt, you immediately say 'kissie' and the kiss will almost always calm you down.
I love how you are quick to say sorry and freely forgive. I have felt undeserving of your love and forgiveness on many occasions and yet you give it.
I love all your little teeth. They are perfect for your little smile.
I love your mischievous smile when you are up to something.
I love hearing you sing. I've sung to you since you were born. You started singing for the first time right before Christmas. It started with the ABC's. You can sing 'I love to see the Temple' 'The wheels on the bus' 'Twinkle Twinkle' 'I'm trying to be like Jesus' 'Familys can be together forever' 'Give said the Little Stream' and your favorite is 'I am a Child of God'. You surprised me last night by singing the second verse as well. My heart melted.

I love how much you love your daddy. You ask for and about him all day. You mentioned him twice in your prayer tonight. If ever you are sad, you ask for Daddy.
I love hearing you to jabber to yourself. You're vocabulary is improving all the time. You still have some unintelligible chatter that we love. I will be very sad when it disappears completely.
I love how you ask to play the piano.
I love hearing you point out different vehicles when we are driving around. I can't tell whether you love firetrucks or garbage trucks better. You especially love watching the garbage truck come to our complex on MWF. You'll hear it rumbling around and run to your bed to look out the window.
I love your energy. I smile whenever I see you climb something or master some skill that requires some coordination.
I love how you push the high chair around and say you are driving to work :)
I love your love for crackers. Graham, saltines, goldfish or animal crackers. There will come a time when it won't be your favorite snack and I will be sad that an era as ended.
I love how you form your mega bloks into different vehicles. You frequently make fire trucks, buses, police cars, 'whitning queen' and 'mater'.
I love how you love Harry Potter. That is my fault for exposing you to it so young but you love it. You love 'Dumdore', Hagrid, Harry Potter(with the 't' being very distinct), 'Erm-eye-nee', Won (ron), Malfoy, and 'Agog-ee' (aragog [the super nasty spider that doesn't seem to bother you]). Let us not forget the flying car in the second movie. :)
I love seeing you flip through books on your own and when you ask me to read to you. You love your Richard Scarry books. You always look for the pickle vehicle. I say vehicle because there is a car, truck and helicopter. You also occasionally mention 'smokey' the pig in conversations.
I love your word for scriptures. 'Strippers' Yes, you stay strippers and your dad and I have to fight laughing every time you say it.
I love how you always ask for 'pesents' or presents. It seems 'trimas' or Christmas left quite the impression on you.
I love how you call any man with a brown beard 'Jesus'.
I love how you refer to men and women as 'daddys' and 'mommys'.
I love how you occassionally will hug and kiss our car before we go inside and say 'see you soon!'
I love how you say '[sister] sweepy' and '[sister] wake!'
I love spying on you and sister and how you will awkwardly lift her onto your bed. I also love how she doesn't mind being molded and pushed onto the bed. too funny.
I love your intrinsic sweetness. If you are in a different room and Sister is crying, you will run up and say 'Whah happen?' or 'Whah da madder?' You've seen me cry on a few occasions and you said 'Mommy, sad. It OK. Daddy be back. It ok'.
I marvel at your growing independence. Whether it be walking down the stairs by yourself, or insisting that your carry one of the bags of groceries. I love it and yet ache inside because I know that you are going to need me less and less.
I love you more than you will ever know.
Love always,
Mommy
This past year has been a trying time for the both of us. It has been thick with frustration and tears on both ends. But I want you to know that I love you. I can't believe how big you are getting. I cry each time you reach a major milestone. I don't cry when your sister reaches those milestones. I think it is because you are my first and it is such a miracle to watch a little person grow for the first time. I wanted to list some things that I want to remember about you when you were this age.
I love how you come into the bathroom when I put on my makeup in the morning. You quietly zoom your cars along the counter. I love how your nose just clears the counter top. You hold so much expression in your eyes.
I love how you derive joy from others joy. If your sister is laughing, you start to smile and laugh as well. I hope you always keep that trait.
I love how you take care of your cars. Tonight you insisted that they get their teeth brushed too. You always give them kisses and tuck them in into a blanket that is placed by your bed. If your cars are naughty, you will put them in time out as well. :)

I love how you always grab one souvineer from outside whenever we come in. It's usually a stick, but you love big leaves or rocks as well.
I love how you are quick to say sorry and freely forgive. I have felt undeserving of your love and forgiveness on many occasions and yet you give it.
I love all your little teeth. They are perfect for your little smile.
I love your mischievous smile when you are up to something.
I love hearing you sing. I've sung to you since you were born. You started singing for the first time right before Christmas. It started with the ABC's. You can sing 'I love to see the Temple' 'The wheels on the bus' 'Twinkle Twinkle' 'I'm trying to be like Jesus' 'Familys can be together forever' 'Give said the Little Stream' and your favorite is 'I am a Child of God'. You surprised me last night by singing the second verse as well. My heart melted.
I love how much you love your daddy. You ask for and about him all day. You mentioned him twice in your prayer tonight. If ever you are sad, you ask for Daddy.
I love hearing you to jabber to yourself. You're vocabulary is improving all the time. You still have some unintelligible chatter that we love. I will be very sad when it disappears completely.
I love how you ask to play the piano.
I love hearing you point out different vehicles when we are driving around. I can't tell whether you love firetrucks or garbage trucks better. You especially love watching the garbage truck come to our complex on MWF. You'll hear it rumbling around and run to your bed to look out the window.
I love your love for crackers. Graham, saltines, goldfish or animal crackers. There will come a time when it won't be your favorite snack and I will be sad that an era as ended.
I love how you love Harry Potter. That is my fault for exposing you to it so young but you love it. You love 'Dumdore', Hagrid, Harry Potter(with the 't' being very distinct), 'Erm-eye-nee', Won (ron), Malfoy, and 'Agog-ee' (aragog [the super nasty spider that doesn't seem to bother you]). Let us not forget the flying car in the second movie. :)
I love your word for scriptures. 'Strippers' Yes, you stay strippers and your dad and I have to fight laughing every time you say it.
I love how you call any man with a brown beard 'Jesus'.
I love how you refer to men and women as 'daddys' and 'mommys'.
I love how you occassionally will hug and kiss our car before we go inside and say 'see you soon!'I love how you say '[sister] sweepy' and '[sister] wake!'
I love spying on you and sister and how you will awkwardly lift her onto your bed. I also love how she doesn't mind being molded and pushed onto the bed. too funny.
I love your intrinsic sweetness. If you are in a different room and Sister is crying, you will run up and say 'Whah happen?' or 'Whah da madder?' You've seen me cry on a few occasions and you said 'Mommy, sad. It OK. Daddy be back. It ok'.I marvel at your growing independence. Whether it be walking down the stairs by yourself, or insisting that your carry one of the bags of groceries. I love it and yet ache inside because I know that you are going to need me less and less.
I love you more than you will ever know.
Love always,
Mommy


Comments
Boys really do change you forever.