Bathroom Flood
My friends and I during the summer would exercise on Tuesday mornings. We would meet at a designated persons house and then we'd go exercise in shifts. That way some moms would stay and watch the kids while the others could exercise. On this particular day we were meeting at Michelle's. I usually chose to swim when at Michelle's and would then take the kids down to her pool and swim with them as well when I finished my exercise.
Before we left for Michelle's I went into our bathroom to wash my hands, and when I turned on the faucet, no water came out. This was because an apartment in our building was being worked on and the workers shut off the water. What I didn't realize was that I forgot to turn the faucet back off... (I can hear you groaning)
Before we left for Michelle's I went into our bathroom to wash my hands, and when I turned on the faucet, no water came out. This was because an apartment in our building was being worked on and the workers shut off the water. What I didn't realize was that I forgot to turn the faucet back off... (I can hear you groaning)
I was driving home two hours later with two, tired, grumpy children and I was trying to keep it together myself. In fact, I remember in the car saying a little prayer to please help me to keep my cool because I knew K1 or Sister or both were going to struggle when going inside. I had no idea what was waiting for me on the other side of the door and was grateful I prayed to 'keep my cool'.
I came home with 2-3 inches of water flooding my bathroom and 2 screaming children. I plopped them both in bed and set to work. Not only did I use every towel in our apartment (including the already wet towels we used from the pool) but I started using our spare blankets to sop up the mess. One fan and 5 loads of laundry later, we were back to normal. Whew!


Comments
Thanks for your great example in our lives. We appreciate you and your family very much.
Gary & Louise Stephens