Skip to main content
Cherry Blossom Festival
My friend Val and I went to see the blossoming cherry trees this year on April 6th. It was such a BEAUTIFUL day. It had been so cold and miserable to be outside and this day was in the 60's with a nice breeze. I felt so fortunate we went because we had a large succession of windy rain storms the following week that blew off all the beautiful petals.
We crammed all three kids (K1, sister, and Nellie) into my friend's car and miraculously found a parking spot on the national mall. Hallelujah! I was so glad just to get out of the house and talk to another woman in a low stress situation (aka not chasing after K1).
We walked along the path of cherry trees, eventually found a bench to sit on, fed the kids snacks and walked back. So simple and so cathartic for me. Thank goodness for wonderful friends and a beautiful world.
Comments