Sister Update

The last time I wrote about my pregnancy I was 33 weeks, and I'm now considerably larger! Here are a few photos of my ballooning belly :)
35 Weeks
36 Weeks
37 Weeks
K1 wanting to be a part of the weekly photo. :)

As of my 36 Week appointment, I'm dilated to 1cm and 70% effaced. No progress at my 37 week appointment and my 38 week appointment is tomorrow, so we'll see if I've made any progress. Truthfully, I'm settling in until my due date because K1 came the day before his. Essentially, I'm not going to get my hopes up that she's coming early (although it would be nice).

As a random note: I have noticed a trend in my eating preferences. Sweet and sour. I haven't been a fan of salty things this pregnancy. I could eat grapefruit, green apples, anything sweet (icecream) and cereal all day long. Or maybe I just like 'watery' things. Grapefruit and green apples are juicy right? I ate watermelon several times a day with K1. Hmm. It's all speculation.

I have gained more weight this time. I had gained 30 pounds total as of my last appointment. I'm not too worried about it. Despite what people think, I have gained weight other places (my thighs and bum). It's just harder to notice because my belly is so huge.

People always ask me if I'm ready for her to come, and I'm unsure how to answer them. I'm very excited to have another baby, and yet I'm frightened of the unknown. I don't know how I'll be able to handle two kids, and try to explain to K1 all the new changes. I know I'll be able to do it because, well, I have to. I'm grateful to all my friends who've offered to have K1 over for play dates after the baby is born, but I'm just worried about K1 (and whoever is watching him) because he just cries and cries when he goes to friends houses when I'm not there. On that same note, we're having a hard time adjusting to nursery right now. *sigh*. I guess I'm just learning (or trying anyway) to not worry about things I can't control because they just make me sad and feel helpless. I know things will be an adjustment in the beginning, but I also know there will be lots of happy and fun moments ahead. I can't wait for the day when K1 starts to play with his sister and tries to make her laugh. It's moments like those that will make all the stress and heartache worth it. In short, even though it can be hard sometimes, I'm loving being a mom and how it's changing me and my perspective on life.

Comments

Popular Posts