A New Way to Nest

I noticed the signs of nesting around 34 weeks this pregnancy, but the 'pangs' or urges came in an unexpected form: organizing and wrapping up projects. It's been so weird. There will be nights where I can't go to bed because something or other needs to be 'finished'. PC thinks I'm nuts (understandably). Here's a sampling of what I've been doing:
  • Consolidating boxes in our storage closet into one big box (i.e. Christmas, Mission stuff, MC treasures, PC treasures, etc). Not only that but putting them in nice, clear, plastic totes. Ahhhh.
  • After I did that, I, of course, reorganized everything in the closet.
  • I vacuumed out the car during 20 degree weather because 'I just couldn't handle it anymore!'. Once I finished that, I went back outside with jar a hot, soapy water and scrubbed the floor mats on the sidewalk. I got a few weird looks for that one.
  • To top off the car, I bought a "cargo bar" to install in our trunk to keep our emergency car tote from jostling around (now that I actually have to use the trunk for groceries and what not).
  • I updated PC's and my 72 hour kits and made two new ones (one for K1 and one for sister). I think I'll devote a whole post to my findings and tidbits about making those. (this project took me 20 hours. No joke)
  • Organized all of Sister's clothes into bins by months and then washed the newborn/ 0-3month clothes.
  • Organized our walk in closet and it's contents (to some degree since PC has some say in there too).
  • Put together my hospital bag (mostly)
  • Read my hypnobirthing book
  • Read about toddler bed training (I will also talk about this one in a different post)
  • Sewed TWO newborn quilts for our stake's service expo (I did this for a YW project)
  • Organized PC's photos by date and now need to put them in a book with captions
  • Put all of PC's scouting stuff into a scrap book
  • I'm almost done sewing a quilt of PC's old t-shirts that he couldn't part with.
  • I've obtained all the materials and washed and ironed everything to get started on sewing sister's blessing dress
  • AND read the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (which I thoroughly recommend).
All of these things have occurred in the past month. I've been going crazy. The thought that keeps running through my head is " you don't know the next time you'll have time to do all these things." Oh well, it will be nice when sister does come so I'll stop all this nonsense. Ha. Hooray for productivity.

Comments

Jashley said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jashley said…
Hey i'm totally impressed! That is such great productivity! I'm excited about your 72 hr kits b/c i'm getting ready to do ours. Thanks for the motivation. :-)
Heidi said…
Whew! You have been a busy little bee! Maybe I should consider getting pregnant again so I can actually get some things done... =)
Kiley said…
Way to go! I'm excited for sister to get her . . . good luck with everything!
Michelle said…
Wow! You have been BUSY! Good work! I'm sure that you will do great with two kids . . . you are amazing.

Popular Posts