For Thanksgiving, we hosted 10 adults (including us) for dinner this year. Initially we were only going to have one other couple over, the Sallays. Then we found out Dallin Glenn's wife was going out of town that weekend, so we invited him over as well. Then I spoke with my friend Christen and found out she was inviting one guy over, Clay Stephenson, because his wife would be out of town. I told her to bring their party over here because as they say "the more the merrier"! Because we had some of our law school friends coming (the Snows, Dallin and Clay) I figured I better cover my bases and call everyone else to see if they wanted to come over too and that's how the Kartchners got added to make 10. Whew! Honestly I was so excited from the get go to cook for everyone.
Christen and I cooking in the kitchen. She brought deviled eggs, stuffing (the hit of the meal), and Pumpkin chiffon pie. I was in charge of cooking the turkey, providing the mashed potatoes and gravy and rolls and I made my favorite pie, cranberry apple ginger pie. Yum! Valerie brought green beans, asparagus, and the purple stuff (so good). Heidi topped us off with cranberry sauce and a pumpkin pie. Needless to say, we had a pretty awesome spread and no one went home hungry. :)
Dancing and singing to Christmas music!
Slaving over a hot stove
Everyone dishing up. I thought it was great that we had to use towels for part of our table cloth because we didn't have one big enough. Ha!
K1 happily eating his roll.
K1 stealing the thankfully empty pie box and hiding in the cupboard.
Enjoying pie and chatting after dinner.
Cute little Paige playing at our feet. She's a doll.
Comments