Job Change and Dinner Cruise
I thought I better explain why we were invited to go on dinner cruise before delving into the dinner cruise pictures. SO! PC switched jobs. I guess I could leave the explanation at that but the process was far more complicated. A little background: PC wasn't looking for a new job because, well, he already had a job. But an interview came up from the firm he's now working at (SKGF) because SKGF offered him a scholarship his first year at George Mason. Because of this, he was a "shoo in" in terms of getting an interview from their firm. He took the interview thinking nothing would come of it, and they offered him a full time job less than a week later with a higher salary and awesome benefits which included PAYING his tuition. Yeah. Not to mention they have a fabulous reputation for the quality of work and work environment. After much thought and prayer (and a few other interviews here and there including a counter offer) we decided to go with SKGF. PC has now been working there 3 weeks and has come home on several occasions saying with a sheepish smile, "I really enjoyed work today." I take that as a good sign :)
Now back to the dinner cruise. PC wasn't slated to start working at SKGF until the New Year but they still invited us to the annual Christmas party which happened to be a dinner cruise this year. On December 4th, we left K1 with a babysitter, put on our best "cocktail attire" (whatever that is) and rode the metro to the pier where the ship was. We arrived to see the boat decorated with Christmas lights and everyone socializing while enjoying their drinks (in my and PC's case, ginger ale :)) Amazingly, we managed to meet all the Mormons at the firm during this party (there were about 10 of us out of 250).
We set sail on the Potomac and ate a huge buffet dinner of... what seemed like a little of everything. The roast beef was the best :) I also enjoyed looking out the windows and seeing houses and other boats decorated in Christmas lights. At one point in the evening PC asked me to dance and coincidentally the song that came on was 'Lady in Red'. We had a good laugh. Before we docked again, PC wanted to go to the top deck and walk around. It was SOOOO freezing. I was up there for less than 30 seconds before I told him I was heading back down. I was more than happy to admit I was a wimp :) As soon as we docked, we headed home. It was a fun evening.

Comments