Skip to main content
One Year Old
That's right! K1 successfully made it around the sun :) Or in normal terms, celebrated his first birthday. I made the hat he is wearing out of wrapping paper and a pom pom. I thought it turned out pretty cute.
I decided that since K1 hadn't had much exposure to sugar that I would go easy on the 'cake' situation and make a banana muffin instead. He seemed to really like it :) He got a set of MegaBloks, wooden blocks, a dozen or so Curious George Books (which he loves), and a matchbox truck from his daddy. Sadly he's already lost the truck (which was his favorite) and has been since replaced with a blue matchbox car. His Grandma and Grandpa F sent him the nicest set of ABC blocks. In fact, I almost got him ABC blocks instead of the plain wooden kind, but I'm so glad I didn't because the set they gave him was so much nicer. Thanks again Gma and Gpa F!
Honestly we can't believe that we've had him a year. He has been such a joy. Yes, before he was born I got WAY more sleep, but I wouldn't trade sleep, or anything, for my sweet little boy. I think I have cried about once every month while rocking him to sleep thinking each time that he'll never be this little again. And it's true, but I also am so excited for all the new things he is doing and learning for himself. He is such a smart little boy. He started walking about 2 weeks before his birthday and after he mastered walking, his comprehension skills boomed. It is absolutely incredible to watch. A miracle really.
I'm so grateful for you my sweet little angel. A piece of heaven was sent to our home and has blessed it ever since. Love you more than you know, little one. ~ Love, Mama
Comments