Eclipse at Midnight
On June 29th I, and my buddies Christen and Heidi, went to the midnight showing of Eclipse. Super nerdy, I know.
I was really excited to go because going to midnight showings were a big deal in high school. I remember going to several of the Harry Potter midnight showings, Narnia, and I think I might have even gone to Spiderman. Anyways, they were always a blast and usually took up the majority of the day. We would show up to the theater (if school was still in session) as soon as school got out and staked our place in line. We would then sit for hours playing games, ordering out pizza, and, for certain movies, we would come in costumes.
After discussing our schedules, we decided that the earliest we could show up was around 8pm. We each put our babies to sleep and then I picked everyone up. We came equipped with card games and loads of snacks :) :) I honestly thought we'd be at the back of the line, due to my prior experience. When we got there, we were the second group to arrive, but, there were two different lines, so we started the other one. After an hour or so, the 13-year-olds and their chaperoning mothers started showing up. Truth be told, we felt kind of stupid, but this was our night out and we weren't going to let our self consciousness get in the way.

Over the course of the evening we ate way too much candy, played several card games (all of which I miserably lost) and Christen won a Karate Kid shirt. Woot Woot. When it was time to enter the theater, we packed up our stuff, had our tickets torn and started walking toward the theater. The sneaky girls behind us started running, and therefore started a screaming girl stampede. Thankfully, due to their age, they still can't listen properly or follow directions and started running down the wrong hallway. HA. We still got to the theater first and obtained the best seats.
Justice. YESSSSS.
The movie started and it was great. The best parts were when Jacob came on screen. The girls would start screaming. Our group was laughing our heads off. We weren't expecting this type of entertainment, but it was great. The acting was WAY better in this movie compared to the previous two.
We headed home at 2:30am with the windows down, and the music blasting. It was so awesome. Liberating might be a better word, really. It was a great night and so glad I got to spend it with my girls :)
After discussing our schedules, we decided that the earliest we could show up was around 8pm. We each put our babies to sleep and then I picked everyone up. We came equipped with card games and loads of snacks :) :) I honestly thought we'd be at the back of the line, due to my prior experience. When we got there, we were the second group to arrive, but, there were two different lines, so we started the other one. After an hour or so, the 13-year-olds and their chaperoning mothers started showing up. Truth be told, we felt kind of stupid, but this was our night out and we weren't going to let our self consciousness get in the way.
Over the course of the evening we ate way too much candy, played several card games (all of which I miserably lost) and Christen won a Karate Kid shirt. Woot Woot. When it was time to enter the theater, we packed up our stuff, had our tickets torn and started walking toward the theater. The sneaky girls behind us started running, and therefore started a screaming girl stampede. Thankfully, due to their age, they still can't listen properly or follow directions and started running down the wrong hallway. HA. We still got to the theater first and obtained the best seats.
Justice. YESSSSS.
The movie started and it was great. The best parts were when Jacob came on screen. The girls would start screaming. Our group was laughing our heads off. We weren't expecting this type of entertainment, but it was great. The acting was WAY better in this movie compared to the previous two.
We headed home at 2:30am with the windows down, and the music blasting. It was so awesome. Liberating might be a better word, really. It was a great night and so glad I got to spend it with my girls :)


Comments