Great Falls National Park

First, this marks my 100th post!!! I wanted to do something special for it, but I couldn't think of anything cool. Oh well. Just our boring lives will have to do ;)

The Saturday before Memorial day, our family decided to drive 20 minutes to Great Falls National Park and go hiking around. We got there just in time to catch a 'guided tour'. The tour lasted maybe 15 minutes and covered 100 meter path to the falls, but the information we learned about the falls was pretty cool. Apparently, back in the day, people dug a canal beside the falls and used the lock system to transport stuff. The falls were very beautiful and it was amazing to see some brave (and experienced) kayaks maneuver the river. Also, to my delight, we discovered people rock climbing!! They would secure their rope to a tree, repel down and then climb back up. So cool! I thought the only climbing around here was in a gym, but I am happily wrong. I'm hoping to go before the summer is through.

K1 was a great traveling companion. We love that he doesn't mind being packed around. We let him get out from time to time to play in the dirt and touch the leaves (not the poisonous ones of course :)) and so I think he doesn't mind being in the pack. We hope to do more outdoor excursions like this one in the near future.

Me and my baby
The Falls!
High water marks
The park ranger was SO TALL! He was 6'9''. If you notice in the picture, the ranger's head is at the 'high water mark' sign and PC's head in the previous picture only comes to 1972!
I love my boys

Comments

Kiley said…
What a great adventure - perfect for your 100th post!
Michelle said…
How fun! Great falls is a beautiful place. Cute pictures and congrats on your 100th post!
MommaMcCarthy said…
look at K1's hair!! it's sooo long! and is it curly?
Emily Hamilton said…
Such cute pictures! We love Great Falls! Sooo pretty!
Jashley said…
gosh that turned out to be super pretty. I wish we would have gone while we were there, but it looks like you had fun. Thats great!

Popular Posts