New Furniture

I decided that I seem to have some crazy ability to subconsciously will things to happen. Prime example, I walk into my living room and none of my furniture matches. The furniture all works great and therefore I tell myself that I should be grateful and happy with what I have. Move on. Well, a woman in our ward called at random and said her friend was moving and tried to sell her living room set and that it was down to the wire and needed to get rid of it. Did we want it? She sent us pictures and I thought the couches, coffee table, side tables and lamps looked wonderful! AND they matched the cherry color of the bookcases that we inherited from my grandma. Sure we'll take them! We said we would pick them up on the following Saturday.
You may be thinking this is the end of my story. It's not. The best is yet to come.
I need to back up again. Because of my said dislike of my furniture I usually get on craigslist for 10 or so minutes every evening and peruse the free section. Well one evening I clicked on the furniture tab and searched for an entertainment center. The only one that I liked was a beautiful cherry cabinet, with black shelves, and ornate molding and handles. It was $400. I sighed and moved on. Fast forward again. That Saturday, PC picked up the furniture and brought it back to our apartment. We sold our couches that day and made a quick buck :) I got on craigslist free section for fun and searched for an entertainment center. In my mind I'm thinking, "well, now 90% of my furniture matches, why not see if I can find an entertainment center, eh?" By luck of the draw, I saw that same beautiful cherry cabinet on the free section!! It had been put up that day only an hour before. I contacted the guy and he said he just wanted it out of his house. His reasoning: his TV was too big for it. Boo hoo for him. Hooray for us. Long story short, we hauled this sucker up our steps and now have a beautiful living room set. All for stinkin' free!!!
When I finally re-arrange things and hang pictures, I'll repost some pics :)


Comments