Family Visit

My sister flew across the country with her little 19 month old boy to visit us from April 13-17. They almost didn't come because The Frog (my sister's boy) came down with a nasty virus the week before. When he seemed to be improving a few days before their departure, we decided that they should still come and we would sanitize everything while they were here. I picked them up from the airport only to discover that my beloved sister had contracted the same virus her little boy had. She was worn out most of the time (not to mention she is 5 month pregnant (with a little girl!!)) so many of our activities got pushed aside. It was okay though. We got to talk, relax and just be together. That's what we wanted anyway.

It was fun to see the Frog and K1 interact. I can't adequately say 'play' yet. It was more like target practice. The Frog would try to pick up K1, or sit on him, or lay on him, or poke his eyes, or put his fingers in his mouth (K1 actually bit him once). K1 was a relatively good sport about it all. K1 kept following The Frog around. We kept saying K1 was a glutton for punishment. Anyway, we had fun playing on the playground and going to the DC zoo together. We saw elephants, lions, tiger, apes, little mammals and farm animals. L and I had fun doing pedicures, making all sorts of food and getting mad at each other (what else do sisters do best?). We also laughed our guts out the last night we were together. I really miss laughing like that (I only laugh like that with my siblings). It was a great trip and I'm grateful she made the trek despite being sick. Miss you sister.



Comments

Well Hello! How are you guys doing?
I love your cute posts and I am so glad your sister came out to visit you. Sick or not, it is fun to have family visit!

Popular Posts