Cherry Blossom Festival
Every year DC holds a two week long festival for the cherry blossom trees. People come from all over to see the 2000 trees, so we figured we'd better go check 'em out too. I packed a picnic dinner (quiche and salad) and picked PC up from school so we could drive in, eat, walk around and then come home. Everything was going to plan except we hit terrible traffic in DC while trying to park. I picked PC up from school at 5:15pm and we didn't find a parking spot until 7pm. PC's dislike of traffic is beginning to rub off on me. Poor little K1 also struggled being in his carseat for so long. Needless to say, I wasn't too happy by the time we got out of the car.No worries, I cheered up once I ate some food. We found a spot to settle down near the water. PC and I ate and little K1 happily crawled around and picked the grass. We took some pictures and then headed out at sunset, only to be met by more glorious traffic. Gotta love DC.











Comments