8 months

March was here and gone in a flash and so was K1's 8th month. Man he's cute. He's getting smarter everyday. Here are some of the newest developements:
  • He is a proficient army crawler, though I believe it is evolving into a true crawl.
  • He can hold himself up while standing next to an object, but can't quite pull himself up yet. I know he's strong enough, but I don't think he has the guts yet.
  • I have a feeling that we have a little fish on our hands. This kid LOVES the bath. He propels himself up and down the bath tub, splashing the entire time.
  • I still haven't transitioned to finger food, (because I'm so nervous about choking) but he's insisted on feeding himself. So, now I load up his spoon, hand it to him, and he puts it in his mouth. It's so cute.
  • He is very coordinated with his feet. Ha! He'll clamp his feet on something and then pass it to his hands. He'll make an excellent rock climber :).
  • But alas, our K1 isn't perfect. He has a nose for trouble. He loves cords. I try to hide them behind things and tape them down, but he always gets into them.
  • He's also been habitually waking up at 3am and staying up until 4am. I've been trying to work him out of that one.
  • Lastly, he's started to bite me during feedings, now that he has teeth! I tap his chin and say NO No NO, Don't bite me! I feel so bad because then he gets a big pout on his face and then goes back to eating. Usually by the third scold he'll begin to cry. Hopefully he'll connect two and two sooner than later.
  • All in All, I think we'll keep him :)
Spending the day at Old Towne Alexandria
Dun-nu Dun-nu Dun-nu Dun-nu Dun-nu Dun-nu Dun-nu Dun-nu Bathman!!
Check out that splash!!
He always looks out through his crib slats.
He's now taller than the width of his crib!!
Posing at international night! I hosted a table on Peru :)


Comments

Anonymous said…
Isn't it crazy how quickly they grow! He is such a beautiful baby boy! Those baby blues are just irresistable! And, I must say I am jealous of all his hair! You are such an awesome mom Eve. I love seeing what you guys are up to!
Michelle said…
I love the close-up at the top. Cute. It will be fun to have this all recorded for the future!
BYU Hottie said…
Wow! What a great crawler! Gets cuter and cuter all the time too! (even though we doubt that it's possible for our babies to possibly get any cuter than they are!)
Kelli said…
Hey, PC asked about the flowers in DC that we took pictures of. We were also curious about them and looked it up, the name is Magnolia × soulangeana (AKA saucer magnolia). They also grow in Utah. They had some at BYU. They sure are beautiful! Here's the wiki article about them:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnolia_%C3%97_soulangeana
Kiley said…
I love that he has a plastic bag to crawl around with. Cute!

Popular Posts