Toilet Training

Go ahead. Laugh at me. You wouldn't be the first person. But yes, I've started to toilet train K1. I've read a handful of different articles stating 'the best time' to start training, but none of them seem to say the same thing. I've known people to start at 3 or 4 months, and feel that is very early. I personally didn't want to start until K1 could start sitting up on his own and because he now can, we've begun training. The goal is to be completely daytime trained by 18 months and nighttime trained by 2 years. We'll see, eh?
I've started by taking him to the toilet about 10 or so minutes after I feed him. I hold him on the toilet for 5 to 10 minutes depending on how long he'll last. We talk, sing songs and pull faces at each other. He goes #1 every time and has gone #2 twice now! My only source of positive reinforcement is to congratulated him after he goes. I'm determined that I'm not going to give my kids treats after they use the bathroom. Everyone has their thing, but I feel that is absurd. (I'll probably eat my words in a couple years). Anyways, here's to hoping.


Comments
Hooray!! gmaj