Snomageddon
Let's back up to January 29. I was having a terrible morning/week and driving to pick up PC from school to take him to another interview. I was contemplating all the things I needed to do and yet wasn't getting any time in to do them. I burst into tears while driving (probably not the safest thing) and PC was listening to my sob story all the while. The main thing that was bothering me was I had been asked to give a talk in church and hadn't hardly prepared anything for it. In the midst of my tantrum I screamed, "I wish I didn't have to give my talk this Sunday!!!!" I would have held my tongue had I known I would be wishing for Snomageddon, or Snopocalypse, or as it is known now on Wikipedia, The Blizzard of 2010. Fast forward to the following evening. It was 10:15pm and I had just put the finishing touches on my talk for the next morning. It was snowing outside but nothing terrible. Three minutes later, I received an email from our bishop stating that church would be canceled due to the snow. I laughed to myself thinking how ironic the situation was. It only snowed about 6 inches and seemed a small amount to miss church for. So we tried to enjoy a relaxed Sunday at home and make it feel like the sabbath. The next day, Monday, was sunny and nice and I ran errands and 'pressed the reset button' of sorts. By Wednesday, there was news of another monster storm coming our way. Thankfully I had bought all our groceries the day before and could therefore avoid the madness. I did, however, go out to find a snow shovel at PC's bidding. I stuck gold at the third store I tried and bought 'the back saver'. PC would agree that it is good for your back, but now his arms hurt. hee hee. PC's classes were canceled on Friday in anticipation of the storm. PC worked on homework, reading and research while I covered the living room floor with all my scrapbooking supplies.

Our neighbors joined us on Saturday because their power was out. K1 and his friend H had fun babbling at each other and taking naps in K1's crib. His mommy and I chatted and laughed and made and ate lots of food. It was a lovely day inside. But you can guess that the now 30 inches of snow outside caused our church services to be canceled for the second week in a row.
All growing up
church was NEVER canceled. We've lived in Virginia 6 months and our church has been canceled 3 times. Weird. PC's classes were canceled on Monday due to everyone trying to get dug out. We started to wonder if it would do any good when we heard it was supposed to snow AGAIN on Tuesday night through Wednesday. This was getting ridiculous! We managed to go to the store to buy some fresh produce and things before things, once again, got crazy. PC's classes were canceled on Tuesday in anticipation of the storm, even though he probably would have been fine going. The snow didn't start until 6pm that evening. It snowed all night and all day Wednesday. It didn't snow as much, maybe 12 inches, but we had 25-35 mph winds the whole time, which made it blizzard conditions. The county issued the "snow emergency route" which meant if you were on the roads and didn't have snow tires or chains,
you could be fined and towed at your own expense. Yikes! And yes, you can guess, PC's classes were canceled on Wednesday and Thursday. That makes an entire week that PC hasn't gone to school. As much as he's enjoyed this impromptu vacation, I think we are both ready for him to go back so we can get back to our normal schedules instead of lounging around.
I wish I could say I did more over the time I spent cooped up inside, besides scrapbooking and watching pride and prejudice 10+ times (that isn't an exaggeration(I had it playing the entire time while scrapbooking(subsequently, I can almost quote the entire movie, verbatim))), but that's what it is. Today, the sun was out and looking at the trees you'd never guess we had a snow storm because all the snow had blown off the branches. It was a beautiful day and I now think we are all ready for spring. Oh, and did I mention I'm speaking next Sunday?


Comments
I'm also excited to hear your talk...finally.
How many times have I let something I am dreading ruin my entire week!! (don't ask...too many to count)
Anyway, you have been all over the news and I thought of you guys out there having all of that fun!! I think I will enjoy my slowly melting snow here in Logan.
Thanks for all of the well wishes. Derek loved hearing from PC! We will be in touch. We are actually considering coming out for the summer!! Wouldn't that be SO fun!! We'll see, it is still up in the air!