New Wardrobe

I've been feeling uneasy lately about K1's wardrobe. No, I'm not saying his clothes are ugly (even if they were, he'd make them look cute) but that we don't really have any more clothes for him to grow into after size 9 months. Many of my friends go shopping all the time and pick up one or two things on sale, but I don't really like going shopping because 1) I always feel like I have a million things to do and 2) I don't want to spend money (because it's not really ours(I hate loans...)). Point being, this has been stewing in my mind for a few months. This morning I woke up, and the first thought that came to my mind was, "I need to go shopping for Alex today." It was kind of weird. So I sat at my computer to browse around. I thought to look at Target first, but then had a bad feeling. I then pulled up Old Navy's website and poked around. I felt good about it and then called PC to set up a budget for what I could spend.

After hanging up, I put K1 in his carseat and we were off. It was only 9:45am at this point. As stated earlier, I don't go shopping much, and therefore was surprised when I a
rrived at the mall at 10am that there were only 2 or 3 cars in the parking lot I chose (The mall doesn't open until 10am, but I didn't realize this until after I left). We went inside and found Old Navy. They were having a sale for up to 40% off Kids Clothing. I thought, "Great!" I headed to the back of the store to the clearance items (as usual) and there was a sign that read, "50% off all redtag prices". I then spent the next hour and a half picking through the clothes to find the best deals. Because I showed up so early, I was able to avoid crowds and sort through the clothes without feeling rushed (I hate shopping in crowded places, it makes me grumpy). I bought 32 items and spent an average of $2.20 a piece. Totally amazing! My best find was a puffy vest that is reversible. It was normally $24 but I got it for $3.75. :) :) :) While checking out, I asked the cashier if this 50% off sale happens very often and she replied saying, "No, it's usually a one day thing, and we do it quarterly, maybe." Wow, I managed to come and catch this sale on the exact right day without any prior advertising.Now you may be wondering why I shared this story. Well, I'm pretty sure I was prompted to go shopping today. I know this sounds ridiculous, but I'm convinced because everything went so smoothly and I was able to save SO MUCH money. I know the idea wasn't mine because it was so sudden and sure in my mind as soon as I woke up. Anyway, I guess I just want to say that I'm grateful that Heavenly Father is concerned with even the mundane things of my life, like shopping, clothing our family, and staying on budget. :)

Comments

And Heavenly Father wants K1 to look cute!! Look at all of those adorable finds!!

I only dream about having a shopping trip like that and having money to do it!!! (kinda LOL..right)

O, the life of a student family!
Anonymous said…
That is so impressive! I seriously love Old Navy Baby clothes, and that is awesome that you got such an amazing deal! It's so nice to have a successful shopping trip. Way to go!
Unknown said…
The blessings of living close to the Spirit....and following promptings!
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jashley said…
Eve that totally rocks. I'm so impressed. And can i tell you that the spiderman outfit is so cute! When he fits in that, i demand that you take a picture and post it. Its so cute!

Popular Posts