New Years Resolutions

This year, I've decided my underlying resolution (inspired by Christen) is to be continually learning. With that being said, I've outlined my main goals below:
  1. Read my sewing machine manual and become more sewing savvy. I've already been doing little projects like burp cloths and nursing covers. I'm now moving on to little shirts for K1.
  2. Always be reading a book. I'm currently reading the 8th Habit with PC and am reading the 7 Habits by myself. I'm also reading Little Women because I love novels :)
  3. Be a better cook. Now this one might sound general but I've decided to start by reading The Joy of Cooking (yes the ENTIRE 1000+ pages). I like their approach of teaching you about the basic ingredients and how then to combine them. I'd like to eventually (many years down the road) not ever need to use a cookbook and just be able to finesse food like my oldest sister.
  4. Learn 3 new piano pieces (choir pieces don't count- those are accompaniment not solo pieces). I have them picked... I'll let ya know if I made it in December.
  5. Be on top of the Relief Society lesson that is taught every week. My ward sends out an email at the beginning of the week telling which lesson will be taught. I cannot claim to be ignorant or say that I lost my schedule anymore.
Of course I have a few "maintenance" goals:
  1. Floss at least every other day.
  2. Content communicate with PC.
  3. Be better about morning prayers.
  4. Give more "warm fuzzies" to everyone around me.
I think that's it. Wish me luck!

Comments

Andrea Fowles said…
Love all those goals! I have many of the same- the sewing one it one for sure. I have a machine and am scared of it. So I need to get un-scared! Also, educating myself more by reading. I used to read all the time and have slipped away from that a bit. Not any more! I have at least 4 books I am currently reading (Let's see...the Percy Jackson series, "How to stop worrying and start living", "how not to be a wimpy parent" and "these is my words." Depends on my mood which one I am going to read. And a slew of spiritual and parenting books are always on my nightstand!! Good luck on your goals. They sound great. Oh yeah- I want to learn to make sushi and homemade tamales. Wish me luck!
JennaK said…
Good goals! I am re-learning the violin this year.
Love your goals.

How is PC? Derek takes his Comps tomorrow and has been studying like a mad man.

Another bit of info. that you and especially PC, may find interesting. We are going to be sealed in the Temple on February 10th!
Derek is not telling many people, but I am!!
You are so sweet!
I have been thinking about all of Derek's friends that would be surprised by this and I wish all of them could be there for him.
BUT, he does not want to draw attention to himself...so I am not telling many people. However, we are both very excited and the kids cannot wait. We are ready to have this blessing in our lives!!
I'll keep you updated!

Popular Posts