Sundry Items

I realize that I haven't given any sort of update about the everyday or, what PC and I consider, the sundry items of our life. First off, I finished the rocking chair cushions! I love sitting in the rocking chair with K1. I truly look forward to singing to him every night. PC said that I should write down the songs that I sing to him, so here goes (in order): I am a Child of God, My Heavenly Father Loves Me, Faith, Child's Prayer, I'm Trying to be like Jesus, I Love to See the Temple and Families can be Together Forever. It may seems like a lot, but it's usually the right length of time for him to finish eating.

While we are on the topic of K1 and sleep I should mention that he is doing much better in that regard. Last week, K1 started taking a really long afternoon nap (between 2-3 hours) and each day that he does that, he sleeps much better at night. This translates into him sleeping for two 5 hour stretches one right after the other. Woo Hoo!!! Usually by 6 or 7 in the morning, I take him into bed with us to sleep for the rest of the morning. I love it!
Little K1 has become so chatty the past couple of weeks. He and I have long conversations while I take a shower. I'll set him in his bouncer in the bathroom and we chat through the shower curtain. It's so funny. I think he's also starting to laugh. When he gets really excited, he emits this high pitched squeal. It's so cute. We just love all the smiles he gives us. There's nothing better for brightening your day and than a big smile from K1.




PC has been really faithful about running every other day for the past few weeks.
We decided that I should start joining him. The only time we have to go together is around 8 pm or so. We stretch, get our things together, put K1 in his fleece, blue, marshmallow suit, then put him in the stroller and we are on our way! I loved running in Jr. High and High School, and I'm not saying I don't now, but it's a whole new ballgame pushing a stroller. Every other run, PC and I switch off. I think it will take a while to get back into the groove, but I we've set a goal to run a 5K together in the next month or so.

I think I've mentioned this before, but I'm the choir pianist for my ward. I've been wanting to practice the piano more and this has definitely forced me to do so. Not only are we singing two Thanksgiving pieces next week, but we are learning SIX Christmas songs. None of which are a walk in the park. I'd say that 80% of my free time is spent practicing these days. Bitter sweet really. I think the most frustrating part is how much there is to practice. Let me explain. Not only do I have to learn the accompaniment for every piece, but I should be able to play all the different singing parts when asked. So if I'm learning a 10 page piece, that's really 20 pages of practicing! *sigh* I'll let you know how it all pans out after Christmas.
PC is doing well in school. The pressure is mounting as finals approach. He spent this past weekend in Williamsburg, VA at William and Mary for his Alternative Dispute Resolution (Negotiation) Competition. There were 28 teams that competed and he and his partner made it to the final four! They were the only 1L's who made it. They competed again and took 4th overall. Pretty good for a rookie eh?
I figured that I don't post as many videos as I should (especially since I take so many...) so here is yet another attempt at rolling over. He's so close.


Other than that... there's really nothing going on in our lives... ;)

Comments

JennaK said…
You certainly keep busy with worthwhile things. You're an inspiration to me!
Michelle said…
You do a great job as the choir pianist. Sheesh! You ARE super busy . . . good for you for starting to run; that is awesome!
Stephanie said…
MC you're a great mama and I miss you like crazy!

Popular Posts