Smithsonian- American History
The Wednesday gals and I decided that we wanted to tour the Smithsonian for our outing. Now, when people refer to the Smithsonian, they say just that, "THE Smithsonian", as if it were singular or something. Well... the Smithsonian actually encompasses FIFTEEN museums. Ha. We decided to tackle the American History museum first.
So Cool.
We saw the original "Star-Spangled Banner", Dorthy's shoes from the Wizard of Oz, the First Ladies exhibit (all their dresses and jewelry), Abraham Lincoln's Hat, Julia Child's Kitchen, an exhibit about the Manhattan Project :).... the list could go on.
But of course, we can't go on an outing without me making a fool of myself in some way. The winner for this outing was when we got off the Metro and headed for the elevator. Being the public-places-germ-phob that I am, I pushed the elevator button with my foot. All of a sudden, a voice came over the intercom and asked "What is your emergency!" Stumbling over myself, I explained that I accidentally pushed the emergency button instead of the elevator button. All the while, my friend laughing in the background. Lovely. Until next time...
Me, Cheesin' it up next to Dorthy's Slippers. What you can't see are my heels clicking together. :)
So Cool.
We saw the original "Star-Spangled Banner", Dorthy's shoes from the Wizard of Oz, the First Ladies exhibit (all their dresses and jewelry), Abraham Lincoln's Hat, Julia Child's Kitchen, an exhibit about the Manhattan Project :).... the list could go on.
But of course, we can't go on an outing without me making a fool of myself in some way. The winner for this outing was when we got off the Metro and headed for the elevator. Being the public-places-germ-phob that I am, I pushed the elevator button with my foot. All of a sudden, a voice came over the intercom and asked "What is your emergency!" Stumbling over myself, I explained that I accidentally pushed the emergency button instead of the elevator button. All the while, my friend laughing in the background. Lovely. Until next time...
Me, Cheesin' it up next to Dorthy's Slippers. What you can't see are my heels clicking together. :)


Comments