Week Hiatus

Allow me to explain why I haven't posted in over a week. Lately I've been noticing that I waste a LOT of time on my computer. It seemed that every time I fed K1 I would be surfing the web, or checking facebook or something else. I would even do these things when K1 was sleeping. I felt my computer time was getting out of hand and therefore needed to take a break for a significant amount of time to see what I would get done in its stead. Mind you, I don't feel that blogging is a waste of time, but I just needed to ban myself from anything on the computer so I wouldn't tempt myself. The following are things that I did on my week of no computer.
  • Read Jane Eyre while feeding K1 (currently 1/3 of the way through)
  • Finished all my cleaning and laundry by Tuesday morning (normally it takes me all week)
  • Made progress on my coloring project
  • Practiced the piano every day for a significant amount of time (besides my birthday)
  • Made dinner several times
  • Made my first batch of french bread... which I thought turned out remarkably well.
  • Played with K1 for long periods of time and read him lots of stories in our rocking chair.
  • Made lots of headway on the cushion project! Only two more to go.
  • Lastly, was able to take my time getting ready for bed each night because I had taken care of everything during the day. Much more relaxing!
It goes without saying that I had a good week. I will admit that I almost went insane not being able to get on the computer, but I think I now know when I am wasting time and when I'm not. The End :)

Comments

Kiley said…
Oh, I agree with you. You can do so much more when you just cut out the computer time! I have to do it every once in a while to remind myself that I'm okay without the internet.
Michelle said…
Man, you DID get a lot done in one week! It is always good to do things in moderation . . . good call. Your glider is super cute, btw
JennaK said…
I sometimes set time limits on myself (even set the timer) and get off when it beeps.
First time on the bread!! Wow, hope you wrote down what you did. Looks positively yummy!!

mm

Popular Posts