This and That

As I was downloading the latest pictures onto my laptop, I realized that I haven't posted in a while. I haven't felt like we've done much but, as usual, when I whip out the camera, it reveals all the little things we've been up to. SO... the first stop on our recap is Roosevelt Island. Wait...let's back up. The set of girl friends that I hang out with decided that we should get together once a week and do something (make food, go site seeing, etc). This was our first official gathering and we decided to go to Roosevelt Island. This place is great for trail runners, but not for strollers. We followed a gravelly path until we found our way to the center of the island where good ol' Teddy was waiting to greet us. We brought lunches and sat on the cement. Despite the chilly weather, we had a great time!

Next exciting note, I found the library and we now can check out dvds! Our date night consisted of watching not one, but two movies. Awesome.
On Sunday, the choir performed 'Lead Kindly Light'. I'd been practicing that song like CRazY and I still managed to screw it up a little. Oh well. The songs for this month aren't as hard. Whew. (For those who don't know, I'm the choir accompanist for my ward).
That night, PC and I gave a fireside for the youth in our ward. We'd been asked by our bishopric to speak a week or so before hand. We talked about being courteous. I made it a point to memorize all the kid's names as they came in. There were a little over 20 youth there but I remembered all of them. Whenever I asked a question, inevitably there was a silence and I could then call on anyone I wanted. Hee hee. Overall, I'd say we did a great job.
Next stop: The weekly get together with this girls. This week's activity was caramel apple making. I organized this activity and it turned out to be a lot of fun. Here are a few pictures.



I ended up making a white chocolate, oreo caramel apple. I know you're drooling...


A few other family items of note:PC received a scholarship from a local firm for next semester! It's nothing huge, but every little bit helps! The career office also informed him that they submitted his resume to a firm asking for a 1L electrical engineer for part-time work in the spring. We'll see if he gets it! Lastly, he competed in a negotiations competition and did well enough to advance to the regional competition in Williamsburg in November! Go PC!!
K1 is growing and happy. He's sleeping for longer stretches at night (for which I am grateful). He's started sleeping with what we call his 'silky' (Thanks Kilee!!).

He is becoming more coordinated everyday and loves sucking on his fists. His face is also become much more expressive.
He can almost roll over. Here is a clip from the other day.Well that's it for this week! Until next time...


Comments
Way to go PC! Keep it up!
And I'm happy the little guy is doing better at night. Hooray for you! He definitely is a cute one!
It is so great to know that the lord watches over us! PC and your family is thought of and taken care of! Isn't it a great feeling to know that everything will work out!
Glad you updated the blog.