Ode to the Philistine



PC and inherited several lamps when we were first married and one of them was the "Philistine". We were going to give this lamp to the DI because we felt it was so ugly. I also couldn't handle looking at the heads but once PC named it, it had to stay. When we moved to Virginia, the Philistine, sadly, didn't make it. One of it's legs shattered in the move. So today, we threw it away, but before doing so, I thought I'd write it an ode:

Dear Philistine, from afar you came
Rejected at first, then received your name
We could no longer cast you aside
'Cause of your heads or neoclassical side
On our kitchen table you did live
Dinners and homework your light did give
We moved cross country and wrapped you tight
But when we arrived you gave no light
We bid you farewell our tall, golden friend
So sorry your leg we could not mend

Comments

Popular Posts