K1's Blessing

On this past Sunday, PC gave K1 a baby blessing. We debated about giving him the blessing before we left Utah, but we figured none of our family would be able to come in either place. PC asked a few of our new friends to stand in the circle with him. Our ward truly fulfilled its title of 'ward family' that day. I wanted to mention a tender mercy that the Lord granted me before I mention what was in the blessing. I had been praying all week to find someone who knew short hand because I really, really wanted to get all of K1's blessing. I have my baby blessing and it is one of my most treasured possessions. I read it several times a year. Anyway, by Sunday morning I had not found anyone and had forgotten about it. I brought several pads of paper and pens to ask different people to help me transcribe the blessing. I asked the lady behind me and she said she couldn't help me because she had bad hearing. She then said,"That lady on the front row knows short hand, you should ask her." I had PC go ask her and give her a pen and paper. After the meeting, I went to thank her. She said to me that she used to be in our ward and was just visiting today. WOW. That wasn't chance folks.

If you would like to hear what was in his blessing, feel free to ask. I do want to say that I was grateful that he was blessed to be mindful of his parents and, more importantly, forgive them of their weaknesses.

I'm so grateful to PC that he is worthy and willing to hold the priesthood. I know our family is blessed by it.

Comments

Tracy said…
I am so proud of the two of you and how you handle everything in such a positive way. I love the family picture too - you are both such an inspiration to others. Best of luck to your precious little family :)
Kiley said…
What a good-lookin' family! I'm so happy for you! He really is such a cute kid!
Unknown said…
I sure wish we could have been there! :( The blessing was wonderful--thanks for sharing it with us.
Jashley said…
what a neat story. That's so cool! I'm glad things are going so well. I check up on you often. :-) Cute kid! Cute kid.

Popular Posts