Jefferson Memorial
On Friday night, our family and the Princes went to the Jefferson Memorial. This was very last minute and therefore didn't have our camera to take pictures. It was incredible to see all the marble and how large the structure was. When walking into the monument, we entered into a cavernous room with a domed ceiling. A towering statue of Jefferson looked out onto the Potomac. But what I really want to talk about is the walls. The walls had written on them excerpts from the Declaration of Independence. Each sentence was so beautifully and powerfully crafted. It was like reading poetry. I've read the Declaration in school countless times, but somehow it was different this time. Seeing the words engraved into the marble gave it an added sense of permanence. When reading the words I was reminded of how central God and the practice of religion was in the formation of this nation. I'm so grateful for the founding fathers and their perseverance and convictions that led to the beginnings of our nation and the freedoms I enjoy.

Comments
And cute little boy - he's growing up so fast!
I'm glad you've found some good friends - looks like you had a lovely time at the beach (even as it was crowded).