DMV...

...is french for the devil. On Friday, PC and I went to the DMV in Vienna to transfer our drivers licenses, register our car in Virginia and transfer our car title to a Virginia title. We stood in the first line for 20 minutes. This first line leads to a desk where a lady was sitting to inspect all the materials we brought for our different needs. Well, the first thing she said was "your bill (our proof of residency with our new address) is a copy and we do not accept copies" and tried to shew us away. PC and I both asked " could you please look over the rest of our materials to see if we have everything else right?" but she kept responding with "I cannot, your bill is a copy".

This lady was an idiot. She OBVIOUSLY didn't understand our meaning. If she had just inspected our stuff, another chain of events could have been prevented. But no.

We went back to the DMV on Saturday morning. We waited in the first line for 15 minutes and this time was met by a different lady. She inspected our paperwork and said that everything looked okay. Mind you, none of our bills have my name on them, so we brought our marriage certificate to prove that I live and am married to PC. We were given our numbers and found seats. After 2 hours of waiting, it was my turn. I went up to the desk with PC and handed the guy all my paperwork. The first thing he says is, your marriage certificate will not work.

SAY WHAT!!!

I responded with "why did the first lady let us through then?!" "Well I don't know but I can send you to my manager." Great... I was sent to another line just to have this lady tell me no. At this point I wanted to throw a tantrum, but I knew that would do no good considering that I had to come back either way. LAME. PC got all his paperwork done, but he still has to come back to the DMV with me when we come back for the third time. Three times better be the charm...or else.

When we got home, PC made me lunch while I fed K1. Afterwards I handed K1 to PC and announced that I was going to bed and to not wake me unless K1 needed to eat. So I did. My tantrum manifest itself in the form of nap. When I awoke, I didn't really feel like making dinner so PC went and got pizza and we watched a movie. I love my husband.

Take it as a good sign if you don't hear from me again about this subject...

Comments

Kiley said…
Oh no . . . so sorry! This makes me feel like my experience at the DMV was a breeze. I hate that sometimes, though - sometimes you just have a simple question, and they won't answer it! Aaaaaah!

Popular Posts