Welcome to Virginia!!! (finally)
We made it! Hooray! We made it! What a crazy couple weeks it has been. I will attempt to recap all our events over the course of our arrival. But first, a video showing the RIDICULOUS amount of rain we've been receiving (apparently it's quite normal around here) :
PC began driving our things to Virginia on August 7, while K1 and I trekked down to Provo to stay with my sister for the following week. PC arrived on Monday and was greeted by several members of the Elders Quorum who helped him move all our things up 4 flights of stairs. What troopers! A woman from our ward even brought mac n' cheese by because she knew we had a little kid. Our ward rocks, but I'll get to that later. All the while, K1 and I were being pampered by my sister as she made all our meals, drove us to the store or appointments, and just, in general, helped out. K1 and I flew to Arlington on Saturday August 15 and didn't get home until 1:30 am because the baggage claim wasn't working. We came home to see that PC had unpacked 90% of the boxes and had almost everything put away. PC even went grocery shopping so we could have some start-up food when we came home. Daddy takes care of us. :) After the tour of our apartment, all of us attempted going to bed. Unfortunately, PC and I were up most of the night with K1 (poor guy) but we still made it to our new ward the next morning with about 2 hours of sleep under our belts.
Right after church, PC loaded up the car with my eldest sister's belongings (we brought them across the country for her) and all three of us journeyed to Cape Cod, Massachusetts. The trip was going smoothly, (except having to stop to pay tolls (WAY annoying)) until I started feeling sick. We stopped at a Shell gas station in Connecticut around 9:30pm to feed K1. After feeding our little guy, I told PC that I didn't feel well and then a lovely episode of food poisoning manifest itself in front of our car. After an hour of throwing up, we got back in the car and drove the remainder of the way to my sister's beach cottage. It was such a relief to arrive, but I wasn't done being sick. I was up all night cleaning out my system. The next day, my sister was so great to make us food and take K1 so we could both sleep. After a day of recovery, PC, K1, our empty car and I drove home. The drive took all day Tuesday but we made it by 9:30pm.
I can't tell you what a relief it was to be home and know we weren't going anywhere else for a long while.
On Wednesday, PC read materials for his classes and I did the laundry, unpacked my things and made a grocery list that we could take to Sam's Club that night. I made dinner and then the family stopped at IKEA to buy a few lamps and then to Sam's for some essentials. PC started school on Thursday and enjoyed his classes. I can tell he's going to love law school just by how excited he was when he talked about his reading materials, future speakers and extra workshops he could go to. I continued unpacking an organizing our apartment. On Friday, we both did the same thing (school and unpacking) but we decided to go on a date that night. After dinner, we took the metro into DC and walked to the White House. Right after we snapped our picture, it started to pour! We found an information station to take cover til it lightened up. PC treated me to some frozen yogurt and then we rode the metro home again.

Saturday PC studied and I unpacked. The next day we went to our ward. We were invited to dinner by three different people and are so excited to go to each appointment and make new friends. We were told that some people were getting together at 'graveley point' Sunday night for dessert and we were welcome to go. We did. I thought this graveley point was a camp ground but it was actually a huge park right next to the Potomak River and the Ronald Reagan Nat'l Airport. It was so cool to see the huge airplanes take off right above us and see many of the national monuments across the river. We met more people from our ward at the park and they all were really friendly and welcoming.
Now it's Monday and we are starting to get into the swing of things. We absolutely love it here. It really feels like home. But before signing off from this super long post, I would like to list a few random happy things that have happened during all of the craziness :)
1. I found a way to prepare oatmeal so that it is standable :)
2. K1 went 6 hours between feedings last night :) :)
3. I'm now wearing my jeans again :) :) :)
Last but not least, a short video of K1 and his cuteness that I took right before starting this post:
PC began driving our things to Virginia on August 7, while K1 and I trekked down to Provo to stay with my sister for the following week. PC arrived on Monday and was greeted by several members of the Elders Quorum who helped him move all our things up 4 flights of stairs. What troopers! A woman from our ward even brought mac n' cheese by because she knew we had a little kid. Our ward rocks, but I'll get to that later. All the while, K1 and I were being pampered by my sister as she made all our meals, drove us to the store or appointments, and just, in general, helped out. K1 and I flew to Arlington on Saturday August 15 and didn't get home until 1:30 am because the baggage claim wasn't working. We came home to see that PC had unpacked 90% of the boxes and had almost everything put away. PC even went grocery shopping so we could have some start-up food when we came home. Daddy takes care of us. :) After the tour of our apartment, all of us attempted going to bed. Unfortunately, PC and I were up most of the night with K1 (poor guy) but we still made it to our new ward the next morning with about 2 hours of sleep under our belts.
Right after church, PC loaded up the car with my eldest sister's belongings (we brought them across the country for her) and all three of us journeyed to Cape Cod, Massachusetts. The trip was going smoothly, (except having to stop to pay tolls (WAY annoying)) until I started feeling sick. We stopped at a Shell gas station in Connecticut around 9:30pm to feed K1. After feeding our little guy, I told PC that I didn't feel well and then a lovely episode of food poisoning manifest itself in front of our car. After an hour of throwing up, we got back in the car and drove the remainder of the way to my sister's beach cottage. It was such a relief to arrive, but I wasn't done being sick. I was up all night cleaning out my system. The next day, my sister was so great to make us food and take K1 so we could both sleep. After a day of recovery, PC, K1, our empty car and I drove home. The drive took all day Tuesday but we made it by 9:30pm.
I can't tell you what a relief it was to be home and know we weren't going anywhere else for a long while.
On Wednesday, PC read materials for his classes and I did the laundry, unpacked my things and made a grocery list that we could take to Sam's Club that night. I made dinner and then the family stopped at IKEA to buy a few lamps and then to Sam's for some essentials. PC started school on Thursday and enjoyed his classes. I can tell he's going to love law school just by how excited he was when he talked about his reading materials, future speakers and extra workshops he could go to. I continued unpacking an organizing our apartment. On Friday, we both did the same thing (school and unpacking) but we decided to go on a date that night. After dinner, we took the metro into DC and walked to the White House. Right after we snapped our picture, it started to pour! We found an information station to take cover til it lightened up. PC treated me to some frozen yogurt and then we rode the metro home again.

Saturday PC studied and I unpacked. The next day we went to our ward. We were invited to dinner by three different people and are so excited to go to each appointment and make new friends. We were told that some people were getting together at 'graveley point' Sunday night for dessert and we were welcome to go. We did. I thought this graveley point was a camp ground but it was actually a huge park right next to the Potomak River and the Ronald Reagan Nat'l Airport. It was so cool to see the huge airplanes take off right above us and see many of the national monuments across the river. We met more people from our ward at the park and they all were really friendly and welcoming.
Now it's Monday and we are starting to get into the swing of things. We absolutely love it here. It really feels like home. But before signing off from this super long post, I would like to list a few random happy things that have happened during all of the craziness :)
1. I found a way to prepare oatmeal so that it is standable :)
2. K1 went 6 hours between feedings last night :) :)
3. I'm now wearing my jeans again :) :) :)
Last but not least, a short video of K1 and his cuteness that I took right before starting this post:


Comments
gma