Oh Baby!

One of my childhood best friends threw me (and K1) a baby shower! We invited people from the ward that I grew up in but haven't attended in three years. The day of the shower, June 20th, arrived and a monsoon-like storm blew in. The location of the shower needed to be moved from my friend's backyard to the ward house. I hardly expected anyone to show up because of how long I have been out of the ward, the weather and the unexpected change of location. Beautiful salads, sandwiches and desserts were all laid out and then people began to arrive. Family, friends, and ward members all trickled in. People were constantly coming and going and there was always at least 15-20 people sitting, chatting, eating and enjoying themselves. I can't express the outpouring of love that I felt that evening from all the ladies there. I received a little bit of everything. I didn't receive duplicates of anything (except diapers)! I was given everything from butt paste and boogie wipes to a boppy, a bumbo, blankets and burp cloths (what's up with all the b's?). A cousin on PC's side made me the most incredible diaper cake!! I had never seen one before but I was so impressed that I had to take a picture. I feel more equipped than ever and am so thankful for everyone that came. :)


Comments

Popular Posts