The Emergency Bleach Spot

I have been compiling emergency kits for PC and I over the past couple of months. Initially I had the basics: flashlight, em blankets, bleach, matches, etc. The only major things I didn't have was our identification info and a couple pieces of clothing. I compiled the final things and took our bags down from the linen closet where they are stored. PC and I both thought the closet smelled strongly of bleach for a couple of months now, but didn't suspect anything because I stored our household container of bleach in there. I set the bags on our bed and emptied their contents. I first loaded up my bag and then started on PC's. I pulled out the small container of bleach and it was leaking! I had the bleach in a ziplock and thought that had contained the spill but then noticed the bottom of the black bag looked oddly orange. I picked up the bag and looked at the underside to see it was bleached and then...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The beautiful quilt that lay on our bed had a huge bleach spot and several other matching lines. I threw everything off the bed and ran the quilt underwater, but the damage was done. I was so sad because I made that quilt for PC as a Christmas present before we got married. I consoled myself by saying that the quilt wasn't going to last forever. Needless to say, emergency preparedness is never far from my mind when I make our bed each morning…

Comments

Popular Posts