Nesting?
PC and I have been debating whether my recent activities are my need for cleanliness and organization or ... nesting. Read on and decide for yourself.
After we got home from our lovely California excursion, PC started the last of his MBA courses and I headed back to work. Every evening after making, eating and cleaning up dinner, PC would study for his classes and I would begin some project. I have now successfully organized every drawer in our apartment, the office closet ( That took several days), the bookshelves, our storage unit outside and all of PC's childhood pictures, drawings, and awards. A considerable amount of de-junking occurred in the process. I also took an inventory of all the boxes we have been collecting i.e. I measured dimensions, took note of appearance, whether it needs tape to shut, and finally categorized it into S, M, L, XL. You can also guess that I've done a full scrub down of each room (except the kitchen). All the while I've been listening to the Mormon Momcast. It is a wonderful podcast started by a woman in my ward, but I actually heard about it from my sister. They talk about their lives, books, hobbies and the gospel. It is fabulous!
Last night, I mended several pieces of clothing that had missing buttons, holes, or something to that effect. I felt so... homemakey. :) My next project: Wash everything! I would like to wash all our coats and sweaters from this winter so that I can have peace of mind that they are fresh when we pull them out this fall. I also plan on taking PC's suits to the drycleaners as they all need it.
All the while, PC has been very supportive of my craziness. He's the best. Thankfully he will finish his courses this Friday. Woo Hoo! After that he will devote all his 'school' studying time to preparing for the patent bar. We are both excited that he is tying all up all these loose ends.
P.S. Please comment whether you think I'm being normal and preparing for a move or nesting. :)
After we got home from our lovely California excursion, PC started the last of his MBA courses and I headed back to work. Every evening after making, eating and cleaning up dinner, PC would study for his classes and I would begin some project. I have now successfully organized every drawer in our apartment, the office closet ( That took several days), the bookshelves, our storage unit outside and all of PC's childhood pictures, drawings, and awards. A considerable amount of de-junking occurred in the process. I also took an inventory of all the boxes we have been collecting i.e. I measured dimensions, took note of appearance, whether it needs tape to shut, and finally categorized it into S, M, L, XL. You can also guess that I've done a full scrub down of each room (except the kitchen). All the while I've been listening to the Mormon Momcast. It is a wonderful podcast started by a woman in my ward, but I actually heard about it from my sister. They talk about their lives, books, hobbies and the gospel. It is fabulous!
Last night, I mended several pieces of clothing that had missing buttons, holes, or something to that effect. I felt so... homemakey. :) My next project: Wash everything! I would like to wash all our coats and sweaters from this winter so that I can have peace of mind that they are fresh when we pull them out this fall. I also plan on taking PC's suits to the drycleaners as they all need it.
All the while, PC has been very supportive of my craziness. He's the best. Thankfully he will finish his courses this Friday. Woo Hoo! After that he will devote all his 'school' studying time to preparing for the patent bar. We are both excited that he is tying all up all these loose ends.
P.S. Please comment whether you think I'm being normal and preparing for a move or nesting. :)


Comments