California!
As graduation and our anniversary approached, PC and I felt it would be appropriate to go on a retreat of some sort to celebrate. It didn't take us long to decide to head to sunny California to visit both his brother and my brother and their families. We packed our things and headed out at 6 am. We both love starting our trips early. There is something about waking up early and being the only ones on the road. The Wellsvilles looked breathtaking with the morning sun hitting the snow.
Two grapefruits, two sandwiches, one bag of pretzels, six poptarts, 1/2 a bag of carrots, 4 granola bars and 6 bottles of water later... we arrived! We first visited my brother (M), his wife (E) and their little girls (Big Sis and Lil Sis). We ate salad and pasta with a homemade spaghetti sauce (which I am going to attempt this week) which was so good, especially after eating snacky food all day. After dinner we all gathered around the Wii and PC and I made Miis! PC's looked just like him. Big Sis's and my Mii looked exactly the same except with different color shirts. We played a few games with the girls and then went to bed. The next morning we woke up to waffles and smoothies! E and the girls had a doctors appointment that morning so M, PC and I headed to the beach. PC went surfing for the first time and even stood up! I hung out, watched the boys and soaked up the rays.


We came home, ate sandwiches, chatted and then headed to the beach again. When we got there, we took a ride on a four person bike that looked like a surry. Sadly I didn't get any pictures of it. Afterward the girls played in the sand and PC and Big Sis chased waves. We came home, ate dinner and played with the Wii and watched random YouTube videos. We had a blast! The next morning before
we headed out, E and the girls took us to The Great Park (I think that is what it was called) and we went on a balloon ride! They are trying to make everything in the park green friendly. As an example, the tickets for the balloon ride were reusable. Anyway, it was fun. It was also fun to see PC playing with the girls throughout the trip. One minute they would be playing princesses (or in PC's case: prince), or pucca or something else. We even got an invitation to Lil Sis's next birthday. Boo yeah!
Next stop on our expedition was Chula Vista to visit PC's brother (A), his wife (K) and their two-year-old girl (M). When we arrived, K and M took us to see A's work. We then all headed to the Japanese market to buy some groceries.
We picked up mochi icecream, melon soda, rice and other fun things. Afterward we ate at a restaurant in the market and the food was good. I had ramen. I thought that was just cheap college food (or at least the american version is), but it's a common main dish in Japanese cuisine. Go figure! We headed home and got settled in for the night. We watched Hancock before we went to bed. It's a really interesting take on superheroes and then the plot takes a ninety-degree turn and... well you should just watch it for yourself.
The following morning, K made a big breakfast of pancakes, hash browns, bacon and fruit! We are so spoiled when we visit family. We took a drive to the beach and drove past
the San Diego temple. So Beautiful! On that same drive home, we saw a message in the sky that said "Geico" spelled out in smoke. It was really cool looking. We ate In-n-Out for lunch and then went swimming at their community pool. Meanwhile, anytime we had a free moment, PC was playing with M. Their favorite game was to run around the kitchen. It was a riot to watch. M mostly speaks Japanese still and both PC and I desperately wished we could understand her cute little voice. After dinner we watched The Forbidden Kingdom. I've never really been into the whole kung fu thing but this was pretty good. We ate the mochi icecream and had melon soda floats!
The next morning PC and I were back on the road by 6 am. We both wanted to go to church but also wanted to be home before 10 pm. Our solution was to stop in Mesquite and see if we couldn't catch a sacrament meeting. Thankfully, we drove right to a church house right as the meeting started. We took the sacrament and were on the road again. I think PC can confidently say that is the first time he's gone to church in jeans and a tie. :) We played many games of I spy on the way home (it got interesting in the middle of no where) and the alphabet game. I was grateful that we were talking and laughing the whole way. We had a really great time and are grateful to both of our families!
Two grapefruits, two sandwiches, one bag of pretzels, six poptarts, 1/2 a bag of carrots, 4 granola bars and 6 bottles of water later... we arrived! We first visited my brother (M), his wife (E) and their little girls (Big Sis and Lil Sis). We ate salad and pasta with a homemade spaghetti sauce (which I am going to attempt this week) which was so good, especially after eating snacky food all day. After dinner we all gathered around the Wii and PC and I made Miis! PC's looked just like him. Big Sis's and my Mii looked exactly the same except with different color shirts. We played a few games with the girls and then went to bed. The next morning we woke up to waffles and smoothies! E and the girls had a doctors appointment that morning so M, PC and I headed to the beach. PC went surfing for the first time and even stood up! I hung out, watched the boys and soaked up the rays.

We came home, ate sandwiches, chatted and then headed to the beach again. When we got there, we took a ride on a four person bike that looked like a surry. Sadly I didn't get any pictures of it. Afterward the girls played in the sand and PC and Big Sis chased waves. We came home, ate dinner and played with the Wii and watched random YouTube videos. We had a blast! The next morning before
we headed out, E and the girls took us to The Great Park (I think that is what it was called) and we went on a balloon ride! They are trying to make everything in the park green friendly. As an example, the tickets for the balloon ride were reusable. Anyway, it was fun. It was also fun to see PC playing with the girls throughout the trip. One minute they would be playing princesses (or in PC's case: prince), or pucca or something else. We even got an invitation to Lil Sis's next birthday. Boo yeah!Next stop on our expedition was Chula Vista to visit PC's brother (A), his wife (K) and their two-year-old girl (M). When we arrived, K and M took us to see A's work. We then all headed to the Japanese market to buy some groceries.
We picked up mochi icecream, melon soda, rice and other fun things. Afterward we ate at a restaurant in the market and the food was good. I had ramen. I thought that was just cheap college food (or at least the american version is), but it's a common main dish in Japanese cuisine. Go figure! We headed home and got settled in for the night. We watched Hancock before we went to bed. It's a really interesting take on superheroes and then the plot takes a ninety-degree turn and... well you should just watch it for yourself.The following morning, K made a big breakfast of pancakes, hash browns, bacon and fruit! We are so spoiled when we visit family. We took a drive to the beach and drove past
the San Diego temple. So Beautiful! On that same drive home, we saw a message in the sky that said "Geico" spelled out in smoke. It was really cool looking. We ate In-n-Out for lunch and then went swimming at their community pool. Meanwhile, anytime we had a free moment, PC was playing with M. Their favorite game was to run around the kitchen. It was a riot to watch. M mostly speaks Japanese still and both PC and I desperately wished we could understand her cute little voice. After dinner we watched The Forbidden Kingdom. I've never really been into the whole kung fu thing but this was pretty good. We ate the mochi icecream and had melon soda floats!The next morning PC and I were back on the road by 6 am. We both wanted to go to church but also wanted to be home before 10 pm. Our solution was to stop in Mesquite and see if we couldn't catch a sacrament meeting. Thankfully, we drove right to a church house right as the meeting started. We took the sacrament and were on the road again. I think PC can confidently say that is the first time he's gone to church in jeans and a tie. :) We played many games of I spy on the way home (it got interesting in the middle of no where) and the alphabet game. I was grateful that we were talking and laughing the whole way. We had a really great time and are grateful to both of our families!


Comments