Why are you pointy?!
I'm taking a brief break from studying for finals and felt I needed to share this particularly funny happening this week. On Thursday, I was in the physics conference room eating my lunch and while I was packing up one of my old professors walked in. He is Chinese and very nice but has the potential to be very awkward. Our meeting consisted of the following conversation:
MC- "Hello Dr. S! How are you doing?"
Dr. S- "I'm fine. Why are you pointy?!" (his finger is 1 inch from my belly button!!!)
MC- "Well Dr. S that is my belly button."
Dr. S- "But why are you pointy?" (still sounding and looking confused)
MC- "I'm pregnant Dr. S and my belly button doesn't have anywhere to go but out. The baby is pushing it out."
Dr. S-"I have never seen that before." (sounding skeptical but slightly amused)
At this point, I was searching for a different explanation to help him understand when another woman in the physics department thankfully walked in.
MC-"Hey J, did you have an outtie belly button when you were pregnant?"
J-"Oh ya, with both my kids."
Dr. S- "Oh! So it's a pregnancy thing! So you aren't pointy normally..."
MC-"Oh no! hahaha"
Had this conversation been with anyone else I would have been really weirded out, but Dr. S is awesome and I could therefore laugh it off. Anyways, wish PC and I good luck on our finals this week!
MC- "Hello Dr. S! How are you doing?"
Dr. S- "I'm fine. Why are you pointy?!" (his finger is 1 inch from my belly button!!!)
MC- "Well Dr. S that is my belly button."
Dr. S- "But why are you pointy?" (still sounding and looking confused)
MC- "I'm pregnant Dr. S and my belly button doesn't have anywhere to go but out. The baby is pushing it out."
Dr. S-"I have never seen that before." (sounding skeptical but slightly amused)
At this point, I was searching for a different explanation to help him understand when another woman in the physics department thankfully walked in.
MC-"Hey J, did you have an outtie belly button when you were pregnant?"
J-"Oh ya, with both my kids."
Dr. S- "Oh! So it's a pregnancy thing! So you aren't pointy normally..."
MC-"Oh no! hahaha"
Had this conversation been with anyone else I would have been really weirded out, but Dr. S is awesome and I could therefore laugh it off. Anyways, wish PC and I good luck on our finals this week!


Comments