Robin's Awards
PC and I were able to attend an event at school called the Robin's Awards. It is similar to the Academy Awards where nominees are presented, a winner is announced and then the winner is asked to give a speech. PC looked dashing as he presented the graduate researcher of the year award. I wore a black dress that I found on sale at a local dress shop. That was definitely an interesting experience... shopping for a formal dress while 5 1/2 months pregnant. I sadly received many nastly looks from girls and their mothers while shopping. One mom actually came up to me and asked why I was trying on dresses! Simply stunning. I was more than happy to explain why I needed a dress, and that I was married. *sigh*
Here are a few photos of us!



I loved that you couldn't really tell that I was pregnant(6.5 months!) unless you saw me from the side :)
Here are a few photos of us!



I loved that you couldn't really tell that I was pregnant(6.5 months!) unless you saw me from the side :)
After the awards ceremony there was dance that we stuck around for. As usual, there was a big band swing room, techno room, local artist room and then a room that provided live entertainment. This year they had Jon Schmidt come play. He was really funny and, of course, amazing to listen to. Below is what is called his "Dumb Song". Apparently he wrote this song in high school because he thought the bumble bee tuna commercial was boring. He wore a red wig to pad his head when he smacked it against the piano... just watch the video...






Comments